Welcome to our School!
PE and Sports Premium
At Chatburn we are using the additional PE and Sports Funding to make improvements to the provision of PE and sport for our pupils.
This includes employing sports coaches and extending the range of extra-curricular sports activities. We are working in partnership with a wide range of local organisations and other schools to share expertise and extend provision. As a result of the funding, our pupils are provided with more opportunities to participate in sport and physical activity.
Some of the funding is used to promote pupils’ health and well-being.
During 2020/2021 we will receive £16,920 Sports Premium funding and are using it to;
- deploy new sports coaches and other qualified personnel to coach sport in new and more varied after-school clubs and at lunchtimes
- join the Hyndburn and Ribble Valley Sports Partnership, pooling our funding to share the cost of new sports staff and organising inter-school sports competitions
- work in partnership with local secondary schools to enable specialist teachers to teach PE and organise additional extra-curricular sport in our school
- engage with parents, the community and local sports clubs to increase pupils’ regular participation in sport and physical activity within and outside school hours
- help selected pupils, including those who have special educational needs, to overcome barriers and enjoy the benefits of PE and sport
- provide opportunities for gifted and talented pupils to take part in the Elite Sports Programme
- provide CPD for teachers and TAs to improve their skills in teaching areas of the PE curriculum
- up-skill staff to deliver high quality PE and with the correct qualifications and experience
- provide staff to accompany pupils taking part in sports competitions
- develop the skills of our Year 5 & 6 pupils as playleaders
At Chatburn we will;
- ensure that our strategic plans for using the funding include clear, measurable targets for improvement
- evaluate the impact that the premium is having on improving PE and sports provision
- regularly monitor the work of specialist PE teachers and sports coaches to ensure that their teaching and coaching are consistently good
- ensure that the professional development of staff is systematically planned and tailored to the individual needs of teachers and classroom assistants
- identify ‘non-participants’ in extra-curricular sport and provide additional activities to encourage their immediate and longer-term participation in sport and physical activity
- introduce activities specifically aimed at enabling our most able pupils to achieve high standards in PE and sport
- forge links with a wider range of external sports clubs to achieve sustainable ways of engaging all pupils in physical activity and sport
- work closely with parents and carers and local health agencies to promote the health and well-being of all pupils, especially those who are overweight or obese.
|Pupils can:||Number of Year 6 Pupils|
Swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25 metres
13 / 16 = 81%
Use a range of strokes effectively
|7 / 16 = 44%|
Perform safe self-rescue in different water-based situations
|8 / 16 = 50%|